Good alerts help notify individuals or teams about changes in their systems. New Relic Alerts provides a single, coordinated alerting tool across New Relic products. This allows you to manage alert policies and conditions that focus on the metrics for entities (such as servers in New Relic Servers) that you care about the most.
After you set up one or more alert policies and define alert conditions for your New Relic product entities (targets), you can view that information in the New Relic Alerts UI. You can also view alert policy information in the UI for individual New Relic products.
View policies and conditions from Servers
To view alert policy and condition information for a specific server directly from New Relic Servers:
- From the New Relic menu bar, select Servers > Servers (index) > (selected server) > Settings > Alert conditions.
- From the Alert conditions page, use the available tools to search, sort, view, or update the alert conditions and their associated policies.
View events and activities from Servers
To view summary information about events and other activity directly from New Relic Servers:
- From the New Relic menu bar, select Servers > Servers (index).
- From the index, mouse over the entity's color-coded health status, select a link from the Server activity list, or select a specific server to view additional details.
For example, if a Critical alert violation occurs:
- The health status indicator turns red on the Server index and on the selected app.
- The background color for various charts changes to pink.
- The Server activity list on the Servers index and on the selected server's Overview page shows Warning (yellow) and Critical (red) violations as applicable.
To learn more about the violation in New Relic Alerts, mouse over or select any pink area on a chart. For more information and examples, see View events from their products.
View alert violations from Servers
If an alert condition has thresholds set up for Warning (yellow) or Critical (red) violations, the color-coded health status for a product entity will change to indicate a violation. You can view the violations directly from the server's page in New Relic Servers:
- From the New Relic menu bar, select Servers > Servers (index) > (selected server) > Events > Violations.
- From the Violations page, use the available tools to search, sort, or view violations for the selected server.
- Optional: To view or update the alert policies, conditions, or thresholds that triggered the violations, select the corresponding link.
You can also view Warning and Critical violations from the New Relic Alerts UI for specific incidents or for incidents and events across all products. New Relic Alerts sends alert notifications only for Critical (red) violations.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Identify entities without alert policies (using the entity's color-coded health status to find out whether a product's component or entity (alert target) has one or more policies associated with it).
- View events from their products (using the health status indicator, list of events and activities, or charts to view detailed information about policy violations and other events or activities)
- REST API calls with New Relic Alerts (using New Relic's REST API (v2) and API Explorer to add, update, delete, or list New Relic Alerts data for your account)