setMaxEventPoolSize:(unsigned int)size;NewRelic.setMaxEventPoolSize(unsigned int $size)
Sets the maximum size of the event pool.
To ensure that the new value is always applied, place this API call in the
applicationDidBecomeActive iOS lifecycle method.
Compatible with all agent versions.
By default, the iOS agent collects a maximum of 1000 events per harvest cycle.
This method controls the maximum size of the event pool stored in the memory until the next harvest cycle. When the pool size limit is reached, the New Relic Android agent will begin sampling events, discarding some old and some new events, until the pool of events are transmitted with the next harvest cycle.
This method lets you override the maximum size of that event pool. You must set this value after
Agent.start() is called.
- The default value for the event harvest cycle is 600 seconds.
setMaxEventBufferTime(), which lets you change the length of the event harvest cycle.
For context on how to use this API, see the documentation about sending custom attributes and events:
true if recorded successfully, and
false if it doesn't.
+ (void) setMaxEventPoolSize:(unsigned int)size;
BOOL poolSizeSet = [NewRelic setMaxEventPoolSize:1000];
let poolSizeSet = NewRelic.setMaxEventPoolSize(1000)
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.