Not all log data in a message or for a specific attribute is being displayed. The log data ends with an ellipses (
...) and the remaining data isn't shown.
This occurs because the New Relic's logs datastore limits field length to 4096 characters. Any data longer than that is truncated during ingestion.
If you have values exceeding the character limit, here are some options to explore:
- Parse your log message into shorter key-value pairs. A common example is a single log line from an NGINX access log. That log message can be parsed using built-in parsing via Logstash, Fluentd, or Fluent Bit.
- Use JSON as an output format instead of plain text. JSON log messages will automatically be parsed into key/value pairs, which makes it much less likely to hit the character limit.
- Split a long section of text across multiple fields, instead of it all being a part of the message field. For information on how to do this, contact your New Relic account representative or support.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.