New Relic's Azure integrations query your Azure services according to a polling interval specific to the integration.
The polling interval applies for every Azure entity related to the integrated service. For example, if you have thirteen CosmosDB instances, each of the thirteen instances will be polled every five minutes.
After you activate an Azure integration, New Relic starts polling data from Azure and makes the data accessible through infrastructure Inventory and New Relic dashboards. You can query the Azure data along with additional data imported from any other New Relic features. You can also view dashboard data for a specific integration or across your account.
For visualizations of polling intervals, API calls, and other data for your Azure integrations:
- Go to one.newrelic.com > Infrastructure > Azure.
- To view data for a specific integration: Select the Dashboards link for the integration's row.
For polling and resolution details, see the documentation for a specific integration.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.