You want to integrate your Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services with New Relic, but you see API authentication errors.
To resolve the problem:
- Go to one.newrelic.com > Infrastructure > GCP.
- From your GCP account page, select Reauthorize New Relic.
- Follow standard procedures to connect your GCP services to New Relic.
Common reasons for this error include:
- The authorization for New Relic to use GCP APIs has been revoked manually by the user from the Google account management application.
- The authorization for New Relic to use GCP APIs does not include one or more of the permissions (Google OAuth scopes) needed to query one or more of the GCP APIs.
- The authorization for New Relic to use GCP APIs has expired.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.