With New Relic's infrastructure monitoring agent for macOS, you can monitor key performance metrics on macOS hosts. The agent can run on your own hardware or in cloud systems such as Amazon EC2.
The infrastructure monitoring agent is compatible with all generally available, Apple supported macOS versions.
To use infrastructure monitoring and the rest of our observability platform, join the New Relic family! Sign up to create your free account in only a few seconds. Then ingest up to 100GB of data for free each month. Forever.
Before installation, be sure to review the requirements. Then, to install the infrastructure monitoring agent for macOS, you can use our Guided Install, or follow the instructions in this document to complete a basic installation.
The following capabilities of the infrastructure agent are not yet available on macOS:
- Log forwarder.
- On-host integrations (including built-in integrations such as Docker and Flex).
- Automated deployment via Configuration Management tools (Chef, Ansible, Puppet).
To install the infrastructure monitoring agent, follow the step-by-step instructions:
Did this doc help with your installation?
- Add custom attributes to annotate your infrastructure data.
- Connect your AWS account if your servers are hosted on Amazon EC2.
- Add other New Relic infrastructure integrations to collect data from external services.
To upgrade to the latest version, follow standard procedures to update the infrastructure monitoring agent.