Access to this feature depends on your subscription level.
What are key transactions?
In New Relic APM, making a transaction a key transaction gives you the following benefits:
- Key transactions are grouped together in the New Relic UI, so they are easy to find and examine.
- You can set a custom Apdex threshold for a key transaction.
- You can set an alert policy for a key transaction.
Key transactions are useful for:
- Important transactions. For your app's most important transactions, making them key transactions means you can quickly find and examine them. You can set stricter Apdex requirements for them, and you can create alert policies for them.
- Slow transactions. If a transaction is regularly slower than other transactions, it can bring down the Apdex score of the entire application. When you make a transaction a key transaction, you can set a longer-duration Apdex threshold for it so it won't bring down your app's Apdex score.
To get a high-level overview of all your applications and services, use the entity explorer in New Relic One.
View key transactions in UI
The key transaction index is a list of your key transactions. To use the index:
- Go to rpm.newrelic.com/apm > Key transactions.
- Select a Key transaction from the index.
- View the selected key transaction's Overview page, including charts and drilldown options.