New Relic APM automatically refreshes your list of applications every two minutes with the most current health status, events, and performance statistics. To view your app index:
- From the New Relic menu bar, select APM. The Applications index appears automatically.
- From a selected app, select All apps from the dropdown next to the app's name. OR: From the New Relic menu bar, select APM > Applications.
You can also search and sort the indexed list.
Using Applications index features
Here is a summary of standard features available when using New Relic APM's Applications index.
|If you want to...||Do this...|
|View an app's details||
To go directly to the application's Overview page: From the Applications index, select the application's name.
To drill down to specific pages: Select the application's End user, Page views, App server, Throughput, or Error % data on the application's row.
|Find an app in the index||
Use any of these options as applicable:
|Identify the app's New Relic agent if available||
Mouse over the app's name in the index.
|View details about a recent event or alert||From the Recent events list, select the link for the event or alert. For more information, see View an app's alert information.|
|Find out why an app's health status is gray||
To view troubleshooting tips if no data is reported for an app, select troubleshoot.
|Delete an app from the index||
To delete an app completely:
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- The New Relic user interface (getting started with using New Relic, including basic concepts and UI functions)
- Labels and categories (assigning labels to your apps or servers to roll them up into meaningful categories to view and compare)
- APM Overview page (the primary view in the New Relic APM user interface)