You encounter problems with your New Relic for PHP installation but are not sure what is the cause.
Monitoring your New Relic logs may help diagnose the problem. The New Relic PHP agent and daemon have their own logs. To monitor the logs:
Default agent log location: Default daemon log location:
- Check both logs for content:
- Set the log level for the agent to
verbosedebugand set the log level for the daemon to
debug. For more information:
- Restart your app.
- Collect 5 to 10 minutes of log time with your log level set to the appropriate values.
- Examine your logs and use the information to diagnose the problem.
- When you are finished troubleshooting, reset the logs' levels. Do not keep them at
Watch the size of your log files. Depending on your application, they can grow very quickly.