Want to start monitoring your Node.js application with New Relic right away? Use this guide to find the best path to start sending your application data to New Relic.
Want to learn more before you get started? Introduction to APM and Introduction to New Relic for Node.js are a good place to start. If you'd like to learn more about the general installation process, see our Node.js installation overview.
What do you want to monitor?
We have a few paths to install the Node.js agent, depending on what you're monitoring.
So you've instrumented your app and want next steps. You might consider:
- Configuring your Node.js agent
- Creating custom metrics
- Getting data from the Node.js virtual machine (V8)
- Extending your instrumentation with custom instrumentation API
- Extending functionality with custom transaction parameters, errors and metrics
- Adding [browser monitoring] with your Node.js agent(/docs/apm/agents/nodejs-agent/extend-your-instrumentation/browser-monitoring-nodejs-agent)