You are unsure why or when you must restart your web server (Apache, PHP-FPM, Nginx, etc.) after:
- Installing or upgrading the PHP agent
- Updating PHP to a major release version
- Changing any agent configuration settings in the
- Utilizing external startup mode for the daemon
The PHP agent is a PHP extension. When your web server starts up and loads PHP, it also loads the PHP agent and parses its
newrelic.ini configuration file. The web server uses that configuration until told to re-load and parse configuration files again. Restarting prompts the web server to do that.
You must restart your web server when:
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.