New Relic does not report data within a few minutes of restarting your web server after installing the PHP agent.
Use phpinfo() to verify that the agent was installed successfully:
Create a simple .php webpage within your website that contains the following:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
- Navigate to this page in a web browser and scroll through the alphabetical list of modules to find newrelic. If you do not see newrelic in this list, either you are using a non-standard version of PHP, or you have not restarted your web server (or other PHP host) since installing New Relic.
- Restart your web server to see if newrelic appears in your modules list.
- If newrelic does not appear in your modules list, check your extensions directory to see if you have a non-standard version of PHP.
- If newrelic does appear in your modules list, verify that the license.key entry shows the first and last few characters of your license key.
- If the license.key is not appearing, check your loaded configuration files directory
For more help
Additional documentation resources include PHP Agent Troubleshooting (individual topics describing common problems, causes, and solutions for your PHP agent installation).