The New Relic PHP agent does not support any Apache multi-processing model (MPM) that involves threading.
The PHP language development team discourages the use of a threaded MPM with Apache, and we have chosen not to implement support for threaded MPMs in the PHP agent for similar stability reasons. This includes the worker and event MPMs.
If the default, non-threaded prefork MPM is unsuitable for your needs for performance reasons, we suggest using mod_fcgid and php-fpm to use PHP via FastCGI instead.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Suggest a change and learn how to contribute to our PHP agent open source repository.
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.