newrelic module section does not appear in
newrelic module description section in the
phpinfo() page indicates that the
newrelic.so file may not have been installed in the extensions directory. To determine whether the New Relic PHP module exists:
- In your
phpinfo()page, look for the PHP Core section.
- To identify the directory from where your PHP extensions are loaded, find the local value of the
- Verify that
newrelic.sois present in the directory specified by
newrelic.so file is not present in your extensions directory, either:
Follow New Relic's non-standard PHP installation procedures.
Manually link in the correct version from
/usr/lib/newrelic-php5/agent/x32for 32 bit, or
/usr/lib/newrelic-php5/agent/x64for 64-bit. Or, if you installed from a tar file, copy or link from the agent directory where you extracted the tar file.
Sample phpinfo FIle, Core section: Check the directory specified by extension_dir and verify that
newrelic.so is present, If data does not appear on your APM Summary page within a few minutes after configuring and restarting your webserver and PHP.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Suggest a change and learn how to contribute to our PHP agent open source repository.
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.