Our PHP agent auto-instruments your code so you can start monitoring applications. Follow this procedure to install New Relic's PHP agent for APM using AWS Linux 2, RedHat, or CentOS. Exception: If you have an earlier version installed, upgrade the agent instead.
To use PHP or any other agent, as well as the rest of our observability platform, join the New Relic family! Sign up to create your free account in only a few seconds. Then ingest up to 100GB of data for free each month. Forever.
Even though the package name for the PHP agent refers to PHP 5, the package works for all supported PHP versions, including PHP 8 versions.
Make sure you have your New Relic license key accessible.
Use either of the following ways to obtain the installation package:
Install the agent and daemon using your preferred package manager:
newrelic-installscript and follow the instructions.sudo newrelic-install install
Restart your web server (Apache, NGINX, PHP-FPM, etc.).
Generate traffic to your application, and wait a few minutes for it to send data to New Relic. Then, check your app's performance in New Relic.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Suggest a change and learn how to contribute to our PHP agent open source repository.
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.