In general, basic "shared" hosting plans do not allow standard installation of New Relic's PHP agent, because administrator (root) permissions are required to install it.
Your hosting provider may allow or provide installation for common web apps/frameworks (such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc), but installing the PHP agent still requires permissions not allowed in many basic plans.
If necessary, contact your website developer/hosting provider for technical assistance.
In general, "shared" hosting providers (who do not provide root command line access) and hosting providers that do not have traditional operating systems (such as PaaS) do not allow users to install New Relic agents through typical channels. For example, these hosting providers do not support New Relic integrations for certain subscription levels:
- DreamHost: Shared Web Hosting
- WordPress.com hosted blog
- GoDaddy: Economy, Deluxe, Ultimate, WordPress Blog Hosting
- HostGator Web Hosting
Before you install New Relic's PHP agent, make sure your hosting service level is compatible with New Relic. Also make sure you have administrator permissions for installation procedures from the command line at the root level.
Installation and troubleshooting tips
To help ensure that your application can integrate successfully with New Relic:
Make sure your system meets New Relic's PHP compatibility requirements.
Windows operating systems are not supported.
- Follow New Relic's PHP installation procedures.
- Follow any additional installation instructions when you sign in to your New Relic account at https://rpm.newrelic.com.
- If your system meets New Relic's compatibility requirements but your installation is unsuccessful, gather the following information:
- Exact steps you tried
- Results, including success or failure messages
- Your operating system and version (for example, Ubuntu Linux version 12.04 64-bit)
- Your hosting service provider and subscription level
- If applicable, contact your website developer for assistance.
- If you still have problems, get support at support.newrelic.com.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: