New Relic for Go monitors your Go language applications and microservices to help you identify and solve performance issues. You can also use your data to improve your customers' experience and make data-driven business decisions.
Go is a compiled language, and doesn’t use a virtual machine. The best way to monitor Go applications is to use the Go API. Our API provides exceptional flexibility and control over what gets instrumented.
Get New Relic for Go in a few simple steps.
Monitor application and microservice performance
The Go programming language, also called Golang, has become a popular coding choice for its ease of use, concurrency, and impressive speed.
With New Relic for Go, you will gain a new level of visibility into your Golang applications:
See the big picture:
- Monitor the throughput, response times, and errors of the transactions in your applications and services.
- Understand your application's runtime health by seeing memory usage, garbage collection behavior, and CPU usage over time.
- With deployment markers, see how code changes impact application performance and health.
- Use New Relic Infrastructure to view detailed host and server data.
- Use distributed tracing to understand how your services and microservices are interacting.
Identify and fix errors:
- Find bottlenecks by seeing time spent on database calls, external system calls, and key blocks of code.
- View Goroutine counts and identify possible Goroutine leaks.
- Get alerts for problems or errors before they affect users.
- Create custom dashboards for important metrics.
Analyze business data:
- Use New Relic Insights to query user-related data and improve business processes.
- Create custom queries of your Go application data.
- Send your own custom data to Insights.
- Create and share visual, interactive displays of your data.
Get New Relic for Go
Within a few minutes after following the New Relic Go agent's installation and instrumentation procedures, you can view data from your Go app in your New Relic account's UI. If you do not already have one, sign up for a free New Relic account.
We recommend instrumenting your Go code to get the maximum benefits from the New Relic Go agent. But we make it easy to get great data in couple of ways:
- Simply import the agent and create an application to get useful runtime information about your number of goroutines, garbage collection statistics, and memory and CPU usage.
- Use our many integration packages for out-of-the box support for many popular Go web frameworks and libraries. We continue to add integration packages based on your feedback. You can weigh in on potential integrations on the Explorer’s Hub and our New Relic Go agent GitHub project.