Get more insights into your Prometheus and OpenTelemetry data faster with cumulative metrics. Query and analyze your
delta values within a single platform without the need for any client-side configuration.
Cumulative counters are now stored as a New Relic
cumulativeCount metric data type. For examples of querying OpenTelemetry cumulative metrics, see our OpenTelemetry best practices.
With this update, you can:
- Get more insight into your data by easily and efficiently querying both the
- Eliminate the need for client-side configuration to convert cumulative values to delta values before sending data to New Relic, saving valuable time and effort.
- Read our cumulative metrics docs.
- If you currently are using monotonic cumulative sum metrics in your queries or alerts, see the Transition guide.
- Get started with OpenTelemetry or Prometheus with New Relic.