- Crash reporting
- This release introduces crash reporting for mobile apps. Crash reporting supports capture and reporting of unhandled Objective-C runtime exceptions as well as native crashes like segfaults and bus errors.
- Crashes include Interaction trails: a history of automatically instrumented actions that occurred during the app session leading up to the crashing event. No breadcrumbs needed.
- The SDK includes a
[NewRelic crashNow]method to trigger a test crash quickly and easily.
- When an app is built for release, the debugging symbols are sent to New Relic (via a dSYM file) to automatically provide human-readable crash reports in the UI.
- Swift app compatibility
- This release can be safely included in Swift applications. While we do not yet support instrumentation of Swift code, the New Relic SDK is now capable of instrumenting the Objective-C code included in your Swift app.
- More configuration options
- An expanded runtime configuration API now supports disabling of crash reporting and interaction tracing, as well as enabling experimental Swift instrumentation for dynamically invoked methods.
iOS agent v4.83
October 8, 2014Download