When you delete a document, its content and its redirects will still be available in the GitHub commit history. In general, if you're not on the New Relic Docs team, please don't delete any docs. Instead, file an issue and someone on our team will help you out.
If you are certain you want to delete a document, do this:
- Locate the mdx file of the doc you want to delete.
- Take care of redirects:
- Find the most relevant doc to redirect readers to.
- Add the deleted doc's URL as a redirect.
- Copy any existing redirects from the deleted doc and add them to the new doc.
- Delete the doc's title and path from the appropriate nav file.
- Delete the doc mdx file.