If the following error occurs when installing the newrelic-php5 Debian package:
Setting up newrelic-php5 (10.7.0.319) ...Unknown PHP version: 8.2
Please run the newrelic-install installation program which will complete the installation of the PHP agent and set up the correct symlink to the PHP extension directory.
- Added Support for PHP 8.2.
- Support for PHP versions 5.5 and 5.6 will end June 2023.
- Support for 32 bit and FreeBSD ended with release v22.214.171.1249 and those binaries are no longer provided.
- Support for ZTS builds ended with release v126.96.36.1999.
- New Relic recommends that you upgrade the agent regularly and at a minimum every 3 months. For more information on supported agent versions and EOL timelines, check out our PHP EOL policy.
- The PHP agent compatibility and requirements page should be consulted for the latest information on supported PHP versions and platforms.
For installations using an unsupported PHP version or platform (32 bit, FreeBSD, ZTS, etc), it's highly recommended that you disable the auto-update mechanisms for the PHP agent packages. This can be done by adding the PHP agent packages to an exclusion list for package upgrades. Or you could version pin the PHP agent package to an agent version that supports the old, unsupported feature(s). Failure to prevent upgrades may result in a newer agent release being installed and removal of support for the required, unsupported features. This would disrupt APM data collection. The PHP agent packages which are affected are: