- Added support for Stack Exchange Redis strongly named assembly: StackExchange.Redis.StrongName.
- Added support for the "CustomSegmentTracerFactory" custom instrumentation option. See docs for example usage.
- Async mode: Added support for NpgsqlCommand asynchronous methods (such as ExecuteReaderAsync) when the agent is in Async mode.
- Async mode: Explain plans for MS SQL and MySQL commands are now available when the agent is in Async mode.
- Async mode: Fixed a bug that prevented SQL activity from being recorded in transactions.
- Fixed a bug where the incorrect namespace of the default asynchronous wrapper was used. The incorrect name was "NewRelic.Agent.Core.Wrapper.DefaultWrapperAsync" and is now "NewRelic.Providers.Wrapper.CustomInstrumentationAsync.DefaultWrapperAsync". Any customers that had created a custom instrumentation file and put the incorrect name in it as a workaround should change it to the correct name.
- Duplicate custom parameters will now be logged as Debug level, providing a minor performance improvement.
- For upgrade instructions, see Upgrade the .NET agent.
- If you are upgrading from a particularly old agent, see Upgrading legacy .NET agents for a list of major changes to the .NET agent.