February 9, 2016
.NET agent v188.8.131.52
- Async Mode: Added Agent API support.
- Async mode: Instrumentation for synchronous SQL commands is available when the agent is in async mode.
January 21, 2016
.NET agent v184.108.40.206
- Async mode: The .NET agent now reports CPU and Memory usage metrics which will show up on the APM Application Overview page.
- Async mode: Basic support for Redis and MongoDB are available when the agent is in async mode.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Cross Application Tracing from working between Java and .NET applications.
- Fixed a bug where turning on High-security mode did not prevent custom events from being created via the agent API. For additional information regarding High-security mode, please refer to our public documentation: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/accounts-partnerships/accounts/security/h...
January 7, 2016
.NET agent v220.127.116.11
- Async Mode: Added automatic Browser Monitoring support.
- Async mode: Fixed a bug where using HttpClient with a BaseAddress would result in transactions being lost or corrupted.
December 16, 2015
.NET agent v18.104.22.168
- Async mode: The .NET agent now has an optional async mode which provides a look at the agent's asynchronous framework instrumentation as it becomes available. As of this release, asynchronous instrumentation for System.Net.Http.HttpClient and System.Net.HttpWebRequest are available when the agent is in async mode. Please note that activating async mode disables some functionality within the .NET agent. More details and instructions are available here: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/agents/net-agent/features/async-mode-net
- Added new log for cases where the .NET Agent cannot inject Browser Agent
- Fixes an issue where intermittent connection issues would cause the Agent to shut down until the process was restarted.
December 1, 2015
.NET agent v22.214.171.124
- Fixed a bug where IIS applications using a classic pipeline app pool would sometimes not report transactions.
- Fixed a bug where clicking on the transaction name from an error trace would not take you to the correct transaction page.
- Fixed an Agent API bug that caused the IgnoreApdex to not actually ignore a transaction for apdex calculations.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause transaction data to be lost if the Cross Application Tracing feature was enabled.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused agent environment info to be incomplete.
- Fixed a bug where configuring the agent to ignore HTTP sub-status codes (such as 403.1) would result in an exception.
November 5, 2015
.NET agent v126.96.36.199
- Fixes an issue where if a customer was using the default proxy and not specifying one in the New Relic configuration for the Agent the default would not be used potentially causing HTTP status code 504 to be thrown when communicating with the New Relic collectors.
- Fixes an issue where cross application tracing would slow down in environments using WFC with extremely high throughput.
October 14, 2015
.NET agent v188.8.131.52
- Fixes a bug where the .NET Agent was not handling exceptions coming from HttpRequest.Path and HttpRequest.Url properties. Because the exception was unhandled users would see a System.Web.HttprequestValidationException in their log files and in some cases could miss transactions being reported.
- Fixes a bug where the .NET Agent was throwing null reference exceptions when tracing some SQL commands where there was no transaction available.
- Fixes a bug where the .NET Agent was reporting StackExchange.Redis call times incorrectly. Now, the agent reports the correct call times for apps that use StackExchange.Redis synchronously.
October 5, 2015
.NET agent v184.108.40.206
- Fixed a bug that caused certain frameworks (such as EpiServer CMS) to throw exceptions when trying to resolve a reference to JetBrains.
- Fixed a bug that caused ASMX web service exceptions to not be noticed. This would result in missing some error details, such as stack traces.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes transactions will not be reported if the
HttpClientclass is used during that transaction.
September 24, 2015
.NET agent v220.127.116.11
September 14, 2015
.NET agent v18.104.22.168
- Added StackExchange.Redis framework support. The .Net agent now records time spent making StackExchange.Redis API calls, which will appear as Datastore metrics and Transaction Trace segments in New Relic APM.
- Fixed a bug that cause Automatic Browser Monitoring to cause problems on web pages that have no HEAD tag and also contain the text "<BODY" inside of an inline script.
- Improved agent error reporting for applications using WebAPI v1 in unsupported configurations. A warning will be displayed in the agent log (during agent startup) if an application is using an unsupported configuration.
- Azure KUDU (scm) sites were being instrumented by the .NET Agent due to a change in the way Azure is naming application pools. We have updated our logic to match the new application pool naming so these sites will be ignored by the agent.