Our Telemetry SDKs are an open source set of API client libraries that send data to the New Relic platform. Under the hood, these SDKs rely on our core data ingest APIs: the Metric API, Trace API, Log API, and Event API.
We offer open-source integrations for telemetry tools like Prometheus, Istio, and OpenCensus that were created using our Telemetry SDKs. If those solutions (or our other integrations) don't meet your needs, you can use the Telemetry SDKs to create your own telemetry data solutions.
To use our Telemetry SDKs and the rest of our observability platform, join the New Relic family! Sign up to create your free account in only a few seconds. Then ingest up to 100GB of data for free each month. Forever.
To build with the Telemetry SDKs, you will need an Insights insert key.
New Relic has contributed the Telemetry SDK to the open source community under an Apache 2.0 license.
The Telemetry SDKs are open source software on GitHub. Use the language-specific GitHub links below to get library details, coding examples, and procedures for how to use the SDKs. We currently support the following libraries, with more to be created in the future:
Supported New Relic data types
For more on the supported data types, see:
- An overview of New Relic data types
- Metrics: see the Metric API
- Logs: see the Log API
- Traces: see the Trace API
- Events: see the Event API
If you need a Telemetry SDK in a language that does not currently exist or want to contribute to an existing library, please see the Telemetry SDK specifications.
To see the integrations built using our Telemetry SDKs, see Open source telemetry integrations.
For all monitoring solutions, see our integrations page.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.