In New Relic Synthetics, the monitors index lists all monitors associated with your New Relic account, and gives you a quick snapshot of each monitor's performance over the last 24 hours. Select an individual monitor to view an Overview page and get a deeper insight into its performance over time. Or, filter the list to quickly compare the performance of similar monitors.
View the monitors index
To access an index (or list) of your monitors: Go to synthetics.newrelic.com.
Understand monitor metrics
Use the monitors index to access your monitors and view a quick snapshot of monitor performance. The index includes the following metrics:
- Success rate: The percentage of monitor checks that end in success. A multi-step monitor that does not complete all steps is considered a failure.
- Avg size: The average download size for this monitor across all runs.
- Load time 50th PR: 50% of monitor results complete in this time or less.
- Load time 95th PR: 95% of monitor results complete in this time or less.
- Frequency: How often the monitor checks run. For more information, see Frequency.
- Locations: The number of locations monitor checks run from. For more information, see Location.
For scripted browsers that include multiple page loads, these metrics include all resources from each step in the script. For example, a monitor that loads four pages averaging 1 MB each would have a total Avg size of 4 MB.
View monitor alert status
Check your monitor's health status indicators:
- Green: No open Alerts violations
- Red: Open Alerts violations
- Light green with dash: No alert conditions defined with New Relic Alerts
Use index functions
The monitors index supports the following features:
|If you want to...||Do this...|
|Sort the monitor list||Select a column label to sort the list based on that metric. Select the label again to change the sort order from ascending to descending.|
|Filter the monitor list||Type your monitor's name in the search box to filter by name, or select by assigned labels and categories.|
|Create a new monitor||Select Add monitor to create a new monitor.|
|Edit or delete a monitor||In the row containing the monitor you want to edit, select the gear icon, then select the pencil icon. You can then edit your monitor's settings.|
|Mute monitor alerts||To temporarily disable alerting for a monitor, select the gear icon, then select Mute. For more information, see Muting alerts.|
|Disable a monitor||You can temporarily disable a monitor. Disabled monitors will not run, but their settings and metrics are preserved for reference. To disable a monitor, select the gear icon, then select Disable. A gray disabled icon next to the monitor name indicates that a monitor is disabled. To re-enable a monitor, select Enable.|
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- New Relic Synthetics (overview of New Relic Synthetics, including key features and requirements)
- Add and edit monitors (how to create New Relic Synthetics monitors, including configuration options)
- Synthetics Overview page (view an overview of your simple or scripted monitor's performance, and quickly access interesting results)
- New Relic One Summary page (view an overview of your ping monitor's performance, and quickly access interesting results)