When you delete a document, its content and its redirects will still be available in the GitHub commit history. In general, if you're not on the New Relic Docs team, please don't delete any docs. Instead, file an issue and someone on our team will help you out.
If you are certain you want to delete a document, do this:
- Locate the mdx file of the doc you want to delete.
- Take care of redirects:
- Find the most relevant doc to redirect readers to.
- Add the deleted doc's URL as a redirect.
- Copy any existing redirects from the deleted doc and add them to the new doc.
- Delete the doc's title and path from the appropriate nav file.
- Delete the doc mdx file.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.