New Relic offers a variety of support options, including context-based online help, a documentation library with detailed procedures and troubleshooting tips, and assistance from our Support engineers. Depending on your subscription level, phone support also may be available.
Help Menu: From the New Relic title bar, select Help to view context-sensitive help. You can also select from the menu of available items, or find additional information in New Relic's Help Center.
New Relic's Help menu includes several levels of information resources:
- Page help: Context-sensitive help that immediately appears
- Help Center:
- Account-specific documentation resources, including a link to the Documentation site's Table of Contents, where you can view specific articles or search for other topics
- Version information and downloads for New Relic agent releases
- Quick references for your existing support tickets and license key
- Recent Twitter activity about New Relic status
- Navigation: In-page help with standard navigation elements
- File a support ticket: Fastest method for contacting New Relic Support
To exit the page help or navigation help window, select X (Close).
Tip: From the bottom of any New Relic dashboard, you can search the documentation, go to the Help Center, or go to the Documentation site.
The Help Center is your central repository of information about using New Relic. In addition to documentation resources, the Help Center includes links for agent release updates, your support tickets, your license key, agent downloads, and Twitter notifications.
- To go to the Help Center: From the New Relic title bar, select Help > Help Center.
- To go to the Documentation site's Table of Contents, select View our Documentation.
- To exit the Help Center, select Dashboard.
Help > Help Center: From here you can search for information about using New Relic, select documentation topics or continue to the Documentation site, or select any of the available resources specific to your account.
New Relic's user interface includes an interactive library of tutorials about features, configuration options, and other information. The list automatically updates to show available tutorials as well as which ones you have completed.
Help > Tutorials: After you turn on the option to view tutorials from (account) > User preferences, you can select from the list of available, interactive tutorials.
- To turn on or turn off the tutorials: From the New Relic title bar, select (account) User preferences, select the checkbox option to See new feature tutorials, and select Save user preferences.
- To select a specific tutorial to start or restart: From the New Relic title bar, select Help > Tutorials.
- To exit a tutorial and complete it later, select Close or the X button.
Tip: For a library of videos, webinars, and other information about using New Relic features, go to newrelic.com/resources.
You do not need a separate login to file a support request. To go directly to the Support Ticket page from your browser's address bar, type support.newrelic.com.
To file a new ticket from the New Relic user interface:
- From the New Relic title bar, select Help > File a support ticket.
- From the Support Tickets page, provide as many details as possible.
- Include a permalink as applicable, or select Attach file to include a log file, screenshot, or other useful attachments.
- Select Submit.
Help > File a support ticket: Before you select Submit, provide as many details as possible, including a description, permalink, log file, screenshot, etc.
To view or update an existing support request:
- From the New Relic title bar, select Help > Help Center.
- From the Your Support Tickets section, select View Open Tickets, and select the ticket.
You can reopen a ticket within one week of resolution. After that time, the ticket is permanently closed. If you have questions about a closed ticket, you can open a new support ticket and refer to the original ticket in your request.
New Relic monitors requests for help through community resources, including:
- New Relic's Community forum for web and mobile performance
- Stack Overflow:
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
If you still have problems, submit a support ticket (for fastest service) or email support @ New Relic. Also, you may be able to find support from the community at Stack Overflow. Tag your post with