The end-of-life date for this agent version is July 29, 2019. To update to the latest agent version, see Update the agent. For more information, see End-of-life policy.
- Details of errors were not being captured and passed back to the core application to be displayed by the UI when the URL for the request had query string parameters. The problem was not causing failure of the overall web application but that a problem was occuring would have been identifiable though a Python agent exception and traceback being recorded in the Python agent log file with message:
- NameError: global name 'request_params' is not defined
- Slow transactions were never being recorded when agent run using method where no agent configuration file was being used. This is the case for example when using Heroku.
- Added support for the distributed task queuing system Celery. Tasks executed by a Celery server can be tracked and reported as background tasks against an application in the New Relic UI.
- Added support for tracking as external web service requests calls made out via the pywapi module.
- Added support for automatic wrapping of WSGI application entry point when using flup WSGI adapter for FASTCGI, SCGI and AJP.
- Added support for meinheld as standalone WSGI server and also as a worker class when using gunicorn.
- Added support for recording database transactions when using pyodbc.