- Support for PHP 5.3 and PHP 5.4 in the New Relic PHP Agent is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. New Relic highly encourages upgrading to a supported version of PHP - 7.3 or higher as of the date of this release. If you would like to continue running the New Relic PHP agent with PHP 5.3 and 5.4, we recommend using version 9.15 of the agent for maximum compatibility. However please note that we can only offer limited support in this case.
- This release marks the last officially supported New Relic PHP Agent for CentOS 5.
- MacOS builds of the New Relic PHP Agent will no longer be provided, and we will no longer ensure compatibility on MacOS platforms.
- For more information about these EOL notices, see our Explorers Hub post.
- Support has been added for Laminas 3.x.
- Support has been added for Laravel Lumen 6.x, 7.x, and 8.x
- Experimental support has been added for excluding subpaths from Wordpress instrumentation. This lowers the overall Wordpress instrumentation overhead since it reduces the number of files being instrumented, but at the cost of losing visibility into the code in the excluded subpaths. This can be enabled using the ini file setting
- Corrected string representation of arginfo parameter names. Thank you @TysonAndre for this contribution.
- New Relic recommends that you upgrade the agent regularly and at a minimum every 3 months. As of this release, the oldest supported version is 8.4.0.