End of Life
- Version number change. Starting with this release version numbers only use 2 segments, as in 2.3. The remaining bits simply reflect the build level.
- Naming web transactions for several new frameworks has been added: Joomla (1.5 and 1.6), Kohana (3.1 and 3.2), Magento 1.6 and MediaWiki 1.16.
- Drupal modules support. This needs to be enabled by setting
newrelic.framework.drupal.modules=1.This will display how much time is being spent in each Drupal module, including sub-modules. When enabled this feature is accessed from the "Modules" tab of the App Server menu.
- Support for MongoDB has been added.
- New API call
newrelic_ignore_apdex()has been added. This allows users to ignore certain time-consuming activities (such as downloading a file) from their overall apdex score.
- PHP namespace separator () no longer causes a malformed JSON error when it appears in a transaction trace.
- SQL parser improved to better detect table names and avoid database metric explosion on certain SQL statements.
- Calls to
Drupal's drupal_http_request()are now correctly identified as external service calls.
- Several speed improvements to further reduce the impact when Drupal Modules support or top100 is enabled.
- MacOSX agent no longer aborts when PCRE isn't loaded.
- RUM scripts improved to load the footer script after the page has fully loaded so that it does not impact user-visible performance.
- API functions
- Small memory leak when adding metric names fixed.
- Daemon startup scripts now correctly ignores comment lines