- Improved Guzzle 5 and 6 detection.
newrelic_set_error_group_callbackAPI, allowing an application to register a callback function with the PHP Agent that will generate a custom error group name. Read more about this API here.
newrelic_set_user_idAPI, allowing an application to assign a unique user ID to a transaction. Read more about this API here.
- Adds a link to documentation to the install error message when installing an unsupported version of PHP.
- Verified support for Guzzle 7.
- Verified support for Laravel 9 and 10.
- Reduces the log level for a Drupal-specific message to a more appropriate value.
- Fixes a bug in Infinite Tracing where distributed traces were missing a
parentIDattribute that caused issues displaying a distributed application in the UI.
- Support for PHP versions 7.0 and 7.1 will EOL in early 2024.
- New Relic recommends that you upgrade the agent regularly and at a minimum every 3 months. For more information on supported agent versions and EOL timelines, check out our PHP EOL policy.
- The PHP agent compatibility and requirements page should be consulted for the latest information on supported PHP versions and platforms.
For installations using an unsupported PHP version or platform, it's highly recommended that you disable the auto-update mechanisms for the PHP agent packages. This can be done by adding the PHP agent packages to an exclusion list for package upgrades. Or you could version pin the PHP agent package to an agent version that supports the old, unsupported feature(s). Failure to prevent upgrades may result in a newer agent release being installed and the removal of support for the required, unsupported features. This would disrupt APM data collection. The PHP agent packages that are affected are: