Additional Transaction Information applied to Span Events When Distributed Tracing and/or Infinite Tracing are enabled, the Agent will now incorporate additional information from the Transaction Event on to the root Span Event of the transaction. The following items are affected:
- Request Parameters request.parameter.*
- Custom Attribute Values applied to the Transaction via API Calls AddCustomParameter and ITransaction.AddCustomAttribute.
Security Recommendation Review your Transaction Attributes configuration. Any attribute include or exclude settings specific to Transaction Events, should be applied to your Span Attributes configuration or your Global Attributes configuration.
- Fixes issue where updating custom instrumentation while application is running could cause application to crash.
- Follow standard procedures to update the .NET agent.
- If you are upgrading from a particularly old agent, review the list of major changes and procedures to upgrade legacy .NET agents.