Thread profiling support for Linux
Thread profiling on Linux will be supported on .NET Core 3.0 or later applications when running .NET agent version 8.23 or later. Triggering a thread profile is done from the
Thread profilerpage in APM.
Accessing Span-Specific information using the .NET Agent API
CurrentSpanhas been added to
ITransaction. It returns an object implementing
ISpanwhich provides access to span-specific functions within the API.
Adding Custom Span Attributes using the .NET Agent API
AddCustomAttribute(string, object)has been added to
- This new method accepts and supports all data-types.
- Further information may be found within .NET Agent API documentation.
- Adding custom attributes to spans requires distributed tracing and span events to be enabled. See .NET agent configuration
- Fixes issue where adding multiple custom attributes on a Transaction using
ITransaction.AddCustomAttributecauses the agent to ignore additional attempts to add custom attributes to any transaction.
- Fixes issue that prevented Custom Events from being sent to New Relic until the agent shuts down.
- Fixes issue that can cause asynchronous Redis calls in an ASP.NET MVC application to report an inflated duration.
- Follow standard procedures to update the .NET agent.
- If you are upgrading from a particularly old agent, review the list of major changes and procedures to upgrade legacy .NET agents.