Support for Real Time Streaming
- Event data is now sent to New Relic every five seconds, instead of every minute. As a result, transaction, error, and custom events will now be available in New Relic and Insights dashboards in near real time. For more information on how to view your events with a five-second refresh, see the real time streaming documentation.
- Note that the overall limits on how many events can be sent per minute have not changed. Also, span events, metrics, and trace data is unaffected, and will still be sent every minute.
- Fixes security vulnerability NR20-01 which may cause SQL parameter values to appear in the agent log file when the logging level is set to Debug or Finest and the calling application supplies SQL parameters without a
- Fixes an issue where Explain Plans are not generated for database commands with parameters that do not have the
@prefix on the name.
- Fixes an issue with the timing of some async MongoDB driver methods.
- Follow standard procedures to update the .NET agent.
- If you are upgrading from a particularly old agent, review the list of major changes and procedures to upgrade legacy .NET agents.