This release has been unpublished. Use version 8.1.712.0 or higher.
This version introduced a bug that could cause crashes for .NET Framework applications manually loading types from assemblies in the application domain. This includes enumerating custom attributes. The encountered error will appear like the following:
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
- [.NET Framework] The .NET Framework agent now supports instrumenting ASP.NET Core applications that are running on .NET Framework. The .NET Core specific agent is still required for instrumenting applications running on .NET Core.
- Fixed issue where deadlocks could occur in some situations when a
ThreadAbortExceptionwas thrown within a client application.
- Fixed issue where only the first transaction name set via API call to
SetTransactionName()would be honored. Now, the last call to
SetTransactionName()will be the name applied to the transaction.
- [.NET Core 2.0] Fixed issue with the .NET Core agent on Windows where the
CORECLR_PROFILER_PATHenvironment variable was not being expanded properly in certain deployment scenarios.
- Follow standard procedures to update the .NET agent.
- If you are upgrading from a particularly old agent, review the list of major changes and procedures to upgrade legacy .NET agents.