New Relic Agent for .NET Core 2.0 GA
- Windows and Linux support, including Azure App Services and Docker
- Automatic instrumentation for ASP.NET Core applications running on Kestrel
- External calls via HttpClient
- Database instrumentation for System.Data.SqlClient, Npgsql, and MySql.Data
- Custom instrumentation via XML and transaction/trace attributes
- NewRelic.Agent.Api support
For a more detailed list, see the compatibility documentation.
The .NET Core 2.0 agent is a separate install and can live side-by-side on the same server as the .NET Framework agent. For installation information, follow the procedures for your operating system as applicable:
New Shared Features
- Database instrumentation performance has been improved.
- Explain plans are no longer captured by default for supported database systems: Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL. Explain plans can be enabled via configuration.
Updating the Agent
- Follow standard procedures to update the .NET agent.
- If you are upgrading from a particularly old agent, review the list of major changes and procedures to upgrade legacy .NET agents.