The end-of-life date for this agent version is July 29, 2019. To update to the latest agent version, see Update the agent. For more information, see End-of-life policy.
- Customers who use the MongoDB.Driver for .NET in their applications will start to see MongoDB-based transaction segments. Operations will include data querying, aggregation, index creation/retrieval, data insertion/update/removal and bulk write operations. MongoDB datastore transactions will appear in the Monitoring > Databases APM page. The .NET agent uses the 1.10.0 version of the MongoDB Driver for .NET but will report instrumentation for applications using older versions of the driver.
- Provides support for NServiceBus instrumentation, which will appear as transaction segments containing Message Broker, the queue name and the action (such as Produce or Consume). Since NServiceBus can be used for inter-application communication, nodes will also appear within the Cross-Application Tracing map in APM. This release supports NServiceBus 5.0 and later.
- Fixes a bug where WCF applications hosted in IIS with compatibility mode disabled would not receive any useful transaction traces.
- Fixes a bug where WCF applications hosted in IIS with compatibility mode disabled would see twice as much throughput and *.svc transactions.
- Fixes a bug where some frameworks (WCF, Umbraco, DotNetNuke, etc.) were not having their transactions named as they were in agent 3.x and instead were getting named by the route.
- Fixed a bug where server-side redirects would cause transactions to be dropped.
- Fixes a bug where default page redirection in IIS classic pipeline mode would cause the redirection to fail and a 404 to occur instead.
- Fixes a bug where an exception could be thrown if the Content Type of an outgoing payload could not be parsed.
- Fixes an issue where the Azure Cloud Services NuGet package will not install on roles that are added as part of a second Cloud Service project.
- Fixes a bug where transactions would sometimes not show up in the UI.
- There is a known issue in version 188.8.131.52 of the .NET agent which prevents auto-injection in certain specific cases. This issue only affects WebForms websites running in integrated pipeline mode, and only manifests when navigating to the website's root URL.