Improved support for WCF.
- Support for Task-based (TAP) service calls.
- Distributed Tracing and CAT are automatically supported for HTTP-based binding types (such as BasicHTTP, WebHTTP, WSHTTP).
- Non-HTTP binding types (such as NetTCP, MSMQ, Named Pipes) are instrumented, but do not automatically support Distributed Tracing and CAT.
[.NET Core] Adds support for .NET Core 3.1 beginning with preview 1.
Performance Metrics: The .Net Agent collects information about application performance in the following areas.
- Memory and CPU Utilization
- Garbage Collection
- Threadpool Usage and Throughput
Please refer to online documentation for further information.
- [.NET Framework] Fix an issue where reading application settings from
app.configcould prevent the agent from starting up.
- [.NET Framework] Fix an issue where the agent caused an application to deadlock when using a ConfigurationBuilder. This was commonly seen in applications using the AzureKeyVaultConfigBuilder.
- Fix an issue introduced in 8.16 where Memory and CPU metrics failed to update.
- Follow standard procedures to update the .NET agent.
- If you are upgrading from a particularly old agent, review the list of major changes and procedures to upgrade legacy .NET agents.