New features and improvements:
- Real-time profiling for Java using JFR metrics is now fully integrated into the Java agent. See the JFR core README for additional details.
This feature requires a supported version of Java 8 (specifically version
8u262 or higher) or Java 11 or higher and is currently disabled by default. To enable it set the following in your yaml (indented 2 spaces under the common section).
jfr: enabled: true
Notice: If you were previously using the jfr-daemon jar as an agent extension or standalone process you should remove that option to avoid potential conflicts with the JFR service that is now built into the agent.
- Not compatible with Java 7. In order to continue to innovate and efficiently provide new capabilities to our customers who run on the JVM, this and future agent versions aren't compatible with Java 7. If you're running Java 7, you may continue to use Java agent 6.5.0 or lower. For details, see this topic on the Explorers Hub.
- Adds support for akka http with Scala 2.13. #271
- Class annotation to trace lambda methods. #274
- Class annotation to trace methods by return type. #275
- Fixes an issue that could cause multiple versions of
akka-http-coreinstrumentation to apply at the same time. #208
- The agent will now log dropped events at
WARNto decrease verbosity. #296
- Fixes Javadoc comments that incorrectly stated that, when calling the
noticeErrorAPI multiple times, the first error would be reported when in fact it's the last error that is reported. #313
- New Relic recommends that you upgrade the agent regularly to ensure that you're getting the latest features and performance benefits. Additionally, older releases will no longer be supported when they reach end-of-life.
This release contains a bug that breaks OkHttp versions 3.X and below. All affected users should upgrade to 7.0.1.