Whether you are a developer, operations expert, or digital business leader, you need to quickly see and act on rapid changes in your app's ecosystem. But you often don't have time to drill down through the extensive dashboards across New Relic products to find what is most relevant to you.
Using New Relic Radar as your daily, centralized information center, you can quickly gain insights into your environment. You can also easily share that information via Slack with others.
Radar is available in limited release for approved New Relic accounts. If you have access to Radar, it will be visible in the navigation bar at the top of the New Relic UI at rpm.newrelic.com.
Personalized, live feed
Radar provides a personalized, live feed about your software and cloud environment. Using applied intelligence, Radar's machine learning capabilities detect what data is important to you and adjust accordingly. Your personalized feed may include:
- New apps or hosts reporting to New Relic
- Unusually low memory, anomalous behavior with root cause analysis, or other potential problems
- Data trends, such as top app performance, changes in global traffic, week over week performance and slowdowns, etc.
Functionality behind the feed
New Relic Radar uses a collection of algorithms to examine the wealth of information across all of your New Relic products and how you use them. Then it uses predictive capabilities to present just the data you are likely to care about the most.
The feed shows twenty cards at any given time, but New Relic produces many more cards from your data. To view all cards, use the search Search card tiles function.
Here are the main factors affecting what event cards Radar puts in your personalized feed:
|Using New Relic||The applications or systems you look at most frequently in New Relic will be more likely to show up in your feed.|
|Selecting applications and topics||You can select important applications and topics on the Radar cog Settings page or directly from a card via the Adjust content preferences link. Events from selected applications and topics are more likely to show up in your feed.|
|Viewing cards||Simply selecting and viewing cards makes similar cards more likely to be in your feed.|
Select important applications and topics
Choosing applications or topics will make it more likely you receive cards for those applications or topics. To select applications, topics:
- From New Relic Radar, select the gear [gear-icon] icon to navigate to the Settings page.
- On the Settings page, use the search field to find applications or topics, or use the dropdown menus to choose applications or topics.
Selecting an application or topic only makes it more likely you will receive cards for that application or topic. You may still receive Radar cards for applications or topics you have not selected.
Additional customization and sharing
Every user needs to see different information depending on their roles, responsibilities, and interests. In addition, different stakeholders and teams need to collaborate about different aspects of your software, whether it's troubleshooting bottlenecks, performance enhancements, alertable conditions, memory and CPU levels, or all of the above.
Radar learns what to place in your feed by how you use it. You can also change settings to customize your feed.
Share Radar information
Along with viewing important information, you can also share it with others:
- To share cards and comments with others via Slack, use Radar's Slack integration. The Slack integration makes it easy to share items with others, even if they do not have a New Relic account. You can share Radar cards and associated notes with both Slack team members and Slack channels.
- To share a URL to a specific Radar card, open a card and copy the card URL via your browser, then share the link.