Use New Relic One's entity explorer to view a list of all monitors associated with your New Relic account, along with a quick snapshot of each monitor's performance. Select an individual monitor to view the Summary page and get a deeper insight into its performance over time.
View the New Relic One monitors index
To access an index (or list) of your monitors: Go to one.newrelic.com > Entity explorer > Synthetic monitors.
Understand monitor metrics
Use the monitors index to access your monitors and view a quick snapshot of monitor performance. The index includes the following metrics:
- Alert status: Indicates the status of any alerts on the monitor:
- Green: No open violations
- Red: Critical violation in progress
- Grey: No alert conditions defined with New Relic Alerts
- Monitor status: Indicates a status has been applied to the monitor, such as Mute or Disabled .
- Success rate: The percentage of monitor checks that end in success. A multi-step monitor that does not complete all steps is considered a failure.
- Locations failing: The number of locations that have failed during the given timeframe.
- Period: How often the monitor checks run.
- Monitor type: The selected monitor type.
Use index functions
The monitors index supports the following features:
|If you want to...||Do this...|
|Sort the monitor list||Select a column label to sort the list based on that metric. Select the label again to change the sort order from ascending to descending.|
|Filter the monitor list||Type your keyword in the search box to filter by name, tags, or entitiy type.|
|Add to favorites||To favorite a monitor, select the star star icon icon. Favorite monitors appear at the top of the monitor list. To remove a monitor from your favorites, select the star icon again.|
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- New Relic Synthetics (overview of New Relic Synthetics, including key features and requirements)
- Add and edit monitors (how to create New Relic Synthetics monitors, including configuration options)
- Synthetics Overview page (view an overview of your monitor's performance, and quickly access interesting results)