After you've sent us your OpenTelemetry data and opened your service (entity) in the UI, you can click Go runtime to identify which service instances have unusual or unhealthy performance patterns related to the language runtime.
You must install a separate instrumentation package to gather the runtime metrics used in this view. See Runtime metric details below.
You can choose several service instances to compare based on summaries of key metrics: response time, throughput, error rate, garbage collection time, and memory usage. Then, you can compare all those instances' metrics using timeseries charts to spot problems and determine whether garbage collection, goroutines, or other runtime resources are involved.
Here's a typical workflow:
- Click Go runtime.
- Find interesting Go runtime instances using the table of summarized health metrics:
- Use the filter bar to narrow down your search.
- Sort to find outliers, for example, instances with higher garbage collection time.
- Select those interesting Go runtime instances.
- Click Compare to see a display of the health and runtime metrics faceted by instance.