You can send your logs to New Relic using Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose, a service which can stream data in real time to a variety of destinations, including our platform. Here we explain how to enable this integration.
To forward logs to New Relic using Kinesis Data Firehose, you need a New Relic Insert API key.
Currently, our endpoint only supports accounts in our US data center.
When creating an Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose delivery stream, you can select New Relic as the destination:
In the AWS Management Console, go to Amazon Kinesis.
Select Kinesis Data Firehose and click Create delivery stream.
Enter a name for the stream and select your data source.
When selecting the destination, click Third-party partner and then New Relic.
Add the following endpoint under HTTP endpoint URL:https://aws-api.newrelic.com/firehose/v1
Paste your Insert API key in the API key field.
Configure and review the remaining settings.
If everything is configured correctly and your data is being collected, you should see data logs in both of these places:
New Relic tools for running NRQL queries. For example, you can execute a query like this:SELECT * FROM Log
Now that you've enabled Logs, here are some potential next steps:
- Explore your data using the Logs UI.
- Configure your agent to see contextual log data, such as distributed tracing, stack traces, application logs, and more.
- Query your data and create custom dashboards or alerts.
If no data appears after you enable log management, follow the troubleshooting procedures.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.