Before you install New Relic Infrastructure, ensure your system meets these requirements:
Infrastructure uses the hostname to uniquely identify each server. To avoid inaccurate metrics from combining multiple servers under a single hostname, ensure that each monitored server has a unique hostname. Or, use the optional
display_name setting to override the default hostname.
Servers using the name
localhost will not be reported by the Infrastructure agent since that is a default name and inherently non-unique.
Infrastructure requires these permissions:
- Linux: The agent runs and installs as root
- Windows: The agent must be installed from an Administrator account, and requires Administrator privileges to run
Infrastructure supports only x86 processor architectures:
- Linux: 64-bit architecture (also requires 64-bit package manager and dependencies)
- Windows: 64-bit architecture
ARM processors are not supported.
Infrastructure supports these operating systems:
- Amazon Linux all versions
- CentOS version 6 or higher
- Debian version 7 ("Wheezy") or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version 6 or higher
- Ubuntu versions 12.04.*, 14.04.*, and 16.04.* (LTS versions)
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 and their service packs
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) version 11.4, 12
Infrastructure instruments Docker containers when installed on the host server.
CPU, memory, and disk usage
New Relic Infrastructure integrations report data from popular products and services to New Relic products. The Amazon EC2 integration is available to all Infrastructure accounts. For all other integrations, an Infrastructure Pro subscription is required. For more details, see the Infrastructure product page.
Specific integrations will have their own requirements. See a specific integration's documentation for any additional requirements.
The Infrastructure UI supports the same browsers as other New Relic products.
Configuration management tools
You can install and configure New Relic Infrastructure with these configuration management tools: