You can troubleshoot our infrastructure agent using our
newrelic-infra-ctl utility. This binary is also included in the installation package, in the same directory as the
newrelic-infra default binary.
Upon receiving the
newrelic-infra-ctl command, the agent:
- Enables verbose logs for a period of five minutes, then reverts the log level to its previous setting.
- Logs all the agent config options.
- Logs all the integrations config options.
- Executes a health check for every loaded integration. (A health check is an immediate execution of the integration with extra logs and output validation.)
When running on Linux,
newrelic-infra-ctl must be executed by either the root user or the same user running the
newrelic-infra-ctl binary can automatically detect the agent process running in the host. It can also detect whether the agent is running inside a container.
To change the default settings of
In Windows, using the MSI installer, the troubleshooting binary is
C:\Program Files\New Relic\newrelic-infra\newrelic-infra-ctl.exe.
In Windows, the agent process is always automatically detected. It does not depend on the
pid or the
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.