APM's Deployments page lists recent deployments and their impact on your end user and app server's Apdex scores, response times, throughput, and errors. You can view and drill down details, use search and sort options, hide or delete the error, share it with others, or file a ticket about it.
For all APM agents, you can record deployments by using webhooks or by using the New Relic REST API (v2). Some agents also have specific methods, such as the Java agent
jar or the Python agent's
After you configure the deployment information, you can view and drill down into details:
- Go to one.newrelic.com > APM > (select an app) > Events > Deployments.
- Use any of New Relic's standard user interface functions to drill down into detailed information.
- To view details for a particular event, select its date link.
- To view the errors page for this deployment, select the error link.
- To view details for a specific deployment if applicable, select Change log or Change report.
The Change log contains any detail provided through the
changelog parameter when recording the deployment. The Change report displays the behavior of the top ten transactions before and after the deployment.
The Deployments page link for individual deployments appears on the selected app's Summary page in the Events section. For time frames shorter than 14 days, a blue vertical bar on a chart will indicate a deployment. To view summary information about the deployment, mouse over the blue bar.
You can also use the Compare with option on your APM summary page to select a time period to compare the same data. If you enable Compare with, the UI does not show deployment markers.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.