You must save a new notification channel or any changes to an existing notification channel before testing it. Alerts will then send a test message to your chosen destination.
Request the test
To test a notification channel:
- Go to one.newrelic.com, in the top nav click Alerts & AI, then click Notification channels.
- Follow standard procedures to add a new notification channel or to update an existing notification channel, and save it.
- Select a notification channel, and then click Envelope Message Icon Send a test notification.
- Review the test confirmation message, and then click Got it.
Troubleshoot the test results
A confirmation message will automatically show up in the user interface that indicates where the test was sent (for example, email) and whether it was successful. Also, the test notification message itself includes detailed information, including:
- The person who requested the test
- Links to policies for the channel
- Links to all notification channels and policies for the account
When troubleshooting problems, review the test notification message, and verify the setup requirements for the type of notification channel you selected. If necessary, make additional changes to your notification channel, and test it again as needed.