You can delete a notification channel when your alerts needs change, for example, when you're no longer monitoring a condition.
If you delete a channel, you cannot restore it. If you want to keep the notification channel, you can remove it from any associated policy.
To delete a channel permanently:
- Go to one.newrelic.com, in the top nav click Alerts & AI, then click Notification channels.
- Optional: To find the notification channel easily, search the Notification channels index.
- From the Notification channels index, select the channel's delete icon, and then select the confirmation prompt to cancel or continue.
When you delete (or remove) a channel, any policies associated with it will still remain. You must delete policies separately.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.