With workflows you control when and where you want to receive notifications about issues, tunnel the right information to the relevant person or team, and enrich your issue's notifications with additional New Relic data.
Issues are groups of incidents that describe the underlying problem of your symptoms. When a new incident is created, Incident Intelligence opens an issue and evaluates other open issues for correlations. For more information see Use Incident Inteligence.
The workflows feature is located under the Alerts & AI menu.
- Go to one.newrelic.com, click Alerts & AI, in the left navigation under Enrich and Notify click Workflow, then click Add a workflow.
The maximum number of workflows that can be added is 100 per environment and 50 per account
Name your workflow. This field is mandatory and needs to be unique.
Workflows filters the issues you want to send to the relevant destination. You can send all issues by selecting Send all issues or you can build a query to filter the right issues.
Build a query by selecting an attribute, operator and value/s to narrow down the right issues you want to be passed on.
Optional: Enriched Data (available to full platform users).
- Notify - Choose one or more destinations and add an optional message
- Click “update message” once completing the notifier requirements
- Optional : Test your workflow
- We'll use existing data from your account to test what you've configured and send a sample notification
- Complete the workflow by clicking activate.
In any destination channel, start typing and a variable menu will open up. You will see the names of the variables, that at runtime will be replaced with the variable’s value/s. In order to use the enrichers’ results use their name.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.