If you install New Relic for WordPress websites, the PHP agent receives additional metrics. A WordPress page appears in the New Relic user interface: Go to one.newrelic.com > APM > (select a WordPress app).
You can control which WordPress-specific metrics your app sends to New Relic by using the PHP agent's
newrelic.framework.wordpress.hooks. This is enabled by default in versions 5.3 or higher, and it can be disabled with:
newrelic.framework.wordpress.hooks = false
Although this setting uses the word
.hooks, it controls all WordPress metrics sent to New Relic, including hooks, plugins, and themes.
The PHP agent receives metrics for the following:
- Hooks: These metrics indicate time spent within each WordPress hook. Time is calculated from the hook dispatch functions
- Plugins and themes: These metrics indicate time spent within each WordPress plugin and theme. Time is calculated from the dispatch functions for hooks.
By integrating your WordPress application with APM, you can view performance directly from your WordPress app's Administration page. For example, W3 Total Cache is one of New Relic's Connect partners that specializes in WordPress apps.
Signing up for a New Relic account and adding browser monitoring to your WordPress site is fast and easy with the browser monitoring plugin for WordPress. The plugin and our browser monitoring do not require the special access required to install our PHP agent.
This makes them generally compatible with all WordPress hosting providers. In addition, the WordPress plugin is supported by the authors and the WordPress community.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Suggest a change and learn how to contribute to our PHP agent open source repository.
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.